Now Hiring Substitute Drivers!
Call Mr. Dennis Mock at 419-855-7741, ext. 101 for more information.
To be a certified bus driver, a person must:
1. Be at least 18 years old.
2. Must have a valid driver's license.
3. Produce a safe driving abstract from the Ohio Motor Vehicle Department.
4. Must be fingerprinted and pass a criminal background check.
5. Pass an alcohol and drug screening test.
6. Pass a medical physical after steps 1-5 have been completed.
Once these requirements have been met, a new driver must:
1. Complete 15 hours (minimum) of classroom instruction with 12 hours or more of actual bus driving with an instructor.
2. Pass a written test for CDL.
3. Upon completion of the CDL, take a road test with a state instructor followed by another road test by a third-party state instructor.