Bus Safety Rules
Bus Safety Rules:
School bus drivers shall maintain bus discipline in order to promote safe transit pursuant to all state and local rules and regulations. Failure to abide by the following rules will result in disciplinary action, up to and including suspension of transportation services.
1. Arrive at bus stop ten minutes early; wait a safe distance from traffic in the designated place of safety assigned by the bus driver.
2. It is important to note that parents are responsible for the safety and supervision of their children to and from the bus stop and while waiting for the bus at the designated place of safety as set by the driver. Students shall respect other individuals, their possessions, and surrounding property.
3. If you must cross the street to board or exit your bus, obey the driver’s hand signal and walk at least 10 feet in front of bus. All students must stay in their place of safety until the bus leaves the area.
4. Enter bus calmly, sit in assigned seat, face forward, aisles clear and keep hands to ones self.
5. Observe Genoa’s Student Code of Conduct and obey any driver instruction promptly and respectfully.
6. Be silent at all railroad crossings.
7. Do not eat, drink, or chew gum on the bus.
8. Carry only those objects — including musical instruments — on the bus that can be properly secured and held on one’s lap. Headphones, boom boxes, balls, toys, etc. must be kept in bookbags. All pets stay home! Drivers may confiscate anything carried onto the bus.
9. Do not throw or pass items on the bus.
10. Keep entire body and objects inside the bus.