Genoa Area Local Schools Scholarship Foundation
( 1 Article )
The Genoa Area Local Schools Scholarship Foundation, Inc. offers scholarships to students of the Genoa Area Local Schools. This Foundation was organized by a local group of interested citizens on January 7, 1991, and has held a tax-free status with the IRS since March 2, 1994.
- LPDC ( 1 Article )
( 8 Articles )
Genoa Area High School is proud to announce the newly formed group,The Genoa Academic Committee or simply, The G.A.C.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
The Genoa Academic Committee was formed in 2012 to encourage, promote, support, and reward academic excellence for students, while also working together with the GHS staff, parents, and community members to assist each student in his/her personal pursuit of academic growth.
Vice President: Chris Goetz 419-344-6158
Secretary: Melissa Wagner 419-304-5270
Treasurer: Jennifer Witt 419-277-2761
The committee has been meeting monthly to discuss future plans and goals for the organization. These monthly meetings are open to any community members, parents, staff, and students. Thus this far the group has established its executive members and parent reps for each high school graduating class. In addition the committee has also begun establishing future goals. Such goals include but are not limited to:
- Providing additional funding for academic needs that are not addressed by the district due to financial constraints
- Establishing a tutoring program where approved students can serve as tutors to other students who are struggling academically in different subject areas
- Developing positive public relationships where a focus can be placed on scholastic achievement of our students
- Promote and provide financial support to the technology program in order to enhance the skills, tools, and technology opportunities to our students
- Recognize and reward our students academic success through quarterly incentives, end-of-the-year honors banquet, etc.
- Work collaboratively with staff to aide in additional classroom resources through grant opportunities and community members/local business donation
Please contact one of the above volunteers or Cari Buehler (419-855-7741 ext. 21201) if you would like to give a donation or help us in any way with this new endeavor. You are also welcome to attend our meetings which currently take place the third Wed. of the month in the high school library beginning at 6:30 p.m.